Neroli writes:Sun, Nov 30th 1997
Can you please tell me what consumption of alcohol is classified as being substance abuse? Is a man who drinks 6 stubbies a day, and maybe double that on a weekend day, showing a problem? Say, for instance, he drank 12 stubbies within a span of 8 hours...is there a problem? Is that average? Does this surpass the limits for driving? He is functioning very normally. He is of good nature, and holds a very important position in the work force. He is a great person, kind, loving, gentle, sensitive, and very caring. He has been told his consumption of beer is over the normal limit, a functioning alcoholic. Could you tell me if this is the case? It is of the utmost importance that I find out this answer as quickly as possible. Thank you for your time. Regards Neroli
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.