Peer Support Services & Recovery Center in Montesano
Therapy can be a powerful tool when it comes to improving your mental health. While there is nothing wrong with solely seeing a therapist, many patients find it beneficial to discuss their experiences with a someone who can understand them on a personal level. Here at Willapa Behavioral Health & Wellness in Montesano, we can match you with a certified Peer Support Specialist who has been successful in their own recovery. Peer Support Specialists use their own unique recoveries and experiences to inspire others who are presently struggling.
Are Peer Services Right for You?
Establishing a relationship with a trusted therapist or counselor is a key part of mental health treatment, however, working with a peer can have a major impact on your progress as well. Peer support services can provide you with an unrivaled sense of validation, acceptance, and understanding you typically can’t find in professional relationships. Other benefits of peer services include:
- Current research shows peer support can help improve depression and feelings of social isolation.
- Peer services can reduce a patient’s overall mental health costs by reducing the number of days they spend in the hospital and the amount of time they spend utilizing inpatient services.
- Peer support can increase patients’ sense of self-control, confidence, and direction.
A Peer Support Specialist can utilize the experience of their own recovery journey and offer practical guidance and hope.
How Can Connecting With a Peer Support Specialist Help?
In addition to regularly meeting with your Willapa Behavioral Health & Wellness therapist, you can also meet with a Peer Support Specialist to examine your struggles, thoughts, and successes. Our peer support program can help in the following ways:
- Accountability – A peer specialist can help you develop the skills you need to maintain your recovery and set goals. They can also make sure you follow through on your promises and commit to achieving the goals you set.
- Healthy Relationships – Peer specialists lead recovery groups that can help you create relationships with like-minded people in your community. This can provide you with an additional level of support.
- Mentorship – If you need advice or help to work through a particular problem, a Peer Support Specialist can help you stay afloat during rough times while supporting your personal growth and recovery.
A Holistic Approach to Peer Support
You may be wondering if our peer support services are truly effective. Here at Willapa Behavioral Health & Wellness, we offer a variety of highly individualized and holistic mental health treatments, including peer services. Our ultimate goal is to match you with someone who can assist you and help you avoid relapse. Our Peer Support Specialists are completely dedicated to helping patients improve their lives, and we firmly believe the positive impact of our peer services extends beyond the clinical setting and into patients’ everyday lives.
Learn More About Our Peer Support Services in Montesano
Having someone you can relate to on your side during recovery is immensely important. A Peer Support Specialist can provide you with additional guidance and emotional support no matter where you are on the road to recovery. Learn more about our peer support services in Montesano here.
Washington State Mental Health Services
Montesano Office MH, SUD, & WISe Services338 Pioneer Avenue W
Montesano, WA 98563
- Phone: (360) 942-2303
- Fax: (360) 964-3011
- Hours: Monday thru Thursday (8am to 7pm)
Friday (8am to 5pm)