Primary Care (Coming October 2019)
Primary health care services are designed to be provided directly to patients of WBH who serves co-morbid populations without adequate or appropriate primary care for patients with Severe and Persistent Mental Illness or Severe Emotional Disturbance or other related conditions through unique, customized workflows.
- Accessibility to Primary Care services in a familiar, trauma-sensitive environment with trusted staff
- Provider comfort with open access, walk-in, adjustment of daily schedule to accommodate individuals
- Patient-centered approach by teams accustomed to that approach
- Trauma histories, struggles with severe mental illness, discomfort with medical interaction
- Generally, physical exams are not performed on the first visit, and readiness for complete physicals exams is discussed and planned together
- Developing and enlarging trust and comfort for co-morbid conditions
- Clinicians help facilitate connections with on-site PCP or referral to outside PCP
Time and Location
- Time of completion: 15 minutes typically
- Location offered: Long Beach and Raymond
No one will be denied services based on inability to pay and discounts are available based on family size and income.